Christiansted (Bassin) and Frederiksted (West-End) are approximately 15 miles apart with Kingshill about midway between the two. Every morning two mule-drawn wagons carryind mail and passengers would depart both Christiansted and Frederiksted and they
would meet at or near Kingshill. The mules would be replacedwith fresh teams, the mail and passengers were exchanged between the two wagons and each would return to the post office from which they had departed earlier that day. The mail turned in at Kingshill
would have been carried on these wagons. During this period very little mail had a sender´s address, so mail from Kingshill is not identifiable. The mule wagons were replaced about 1910-1913 by the first automobile in the DWI.
The use of bisected 4 cents stamps on St.Croix 64/306 - about 20 % (partials 13 - Envelopes 51)
Envolopes only :
January ( ship mail) 1
The table shows - the first month February was 62%. The bisects could by used at St.Croix from Februar 11 to June
4. None have been used in June, and only one in May.